Tom Daccord, Keynote Speaker
EdTechTeacher Director, Tom Daccord, offers keynotes and presentations to schools, districts, colleges and educational organizations in the United States and abroad. He has presented on educational technology topics at national and international conferences, including ISTE (U.S.), FETC (U.S.), ELMLE (Europe), and ICTLT (Asia), as well as regional events and the EdTechTeacher iPad Summits.
"What does learning look like?"
Tom challenges all of his audiences to look not at individual technologies, but at the establishment of clearly defined learning objectives. Whether addressing The iPad Classroom or a transition to a 1:1 Mobile Environment, Tom focuses all of his talks on what teachers and school leaders can do to create innovative, flexible, creative, student-centric learning environments.
iPads and mobile devices have exploded throughout schools and classrooms as their flexibility, versatility, and mobility make them a phenomenal learning tool. Tom challenges his audience to think beyond the device and address the challenge of redefining learning.
Communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity serve as the hallmarks of the 21st Century Classroom. Tom presents learning activities, curriculum exemplars, and project ideas to encourage teachers to think in new and innovative directions.
How do we prepare our teachers for student learning with iPads? Tom outlines a powerful Consume-Curate-Create-Connect framework for effective iPad integration and provides a series of resources and strategies that help build successful iPad learning environments.
Leading. Learning. The Future! Keynote - March 5, 2013
EdTechTeacher iPad Summit USA (Boston): November 13-15, 2013 - Keynote Speaker
- Building the iPad Learning Environment
Lower Canada College Summit: August 19-21, 2013 - Keynote Speaker & Featured Session Presenter
MATSOL Conference: May 2, 2013 - Keynote Speaker
- Redefining Learning Spaces
EdTechTeacher iPad Summit USA (Atlanta): April 10-12, 2013 - Keynote Speaker
- Building an iPad Classroom
Leading. Learning. The Future!: May 4-5, 2013 - Keynote Speaker
- Future Learning Spaces - Opportunities & Challenges
FETC: January 28-31, 2013 - Featured Presenter
- 5 Keys to Building a Successful iPad Program
- Assessment 2.0: Assessing Change in Digital Classrooms
EdTechTeacher iPad Summit USA: November 6-8 - Keynote Speaker & Featured Session Presenter
- Building the Successful iPad Classroom
International Conference on Teaching & Learning with Technology in Singapore: March 27-30, 2012 - Featured Presenter
- Assessment 2.0: Assessing for Learning through ICT-enriched Activities
- Not Another Paper! Alternative Projects & Social Media
- The iPad Classroom: ShareAlike
European League of Middle Level Education (ELMLE) Conference in Prague: November 21-25, 2012- Featured Presenter
- Primary Sources 2.0 & Textured Literacy
- Finding and Creating Digital Curriculum Content: iPads and ePubs
- Nuturing the 21st Century Classroom: Research, Exemplars, Resources
Massachusetts Computer Users in Education: October 26-27, 2012 - Featured Presenter
- Assessment 2.0
Indiana Computer Users: October 12-13, 2012 - Keynote Speaker
- Nurturing the 21st Century Classroom
National Council of Social Studies Annual Conference: November 12-14, 2010 - Featured presenter
- Nurturing the 21st Century Social Studies Classroom