Leveraging iPads to Transform Learning Environments
iPads have exploded in schools and classrooms. Their flexibility, versatility, and mobility make them a phenomenal learning tool. In the iPad T21 program, we focus on specific learning goals that promote critical-thinking, creativity, collaboration, and the creation of student-centric learning environments. We begin with hands-on exploration of specific apps and then transition to broader topics such as collaboration, workflow, assessment, and content curation.
Please contact Gail Ross-McBride at email@example.com or 888-377-9518 for more information or to enroll your faculty in one of our T21 Programs.
- 18 hours of customized workshops: the first workshop opens the door to new opportunities for teaching with iPads. The second supports teachers in integrating the device as a regular, constant element of their teaching and classroom life. The third workshop assesses progress and builds capacity for future growth. Each workshop is customized to ensure that our training supports the educational mission of the individual school or district.
- 2 online mini-courses in technology integration: cohorts will participate in two asynchronous online courses that consist of 6 modules each. The first course focuses on learning specific tools and apps that can immediately be implemented in the classroom while the second addresses broader topics such as publishing, assessment, and collaboration.
- 2 synchronous webinars and online office hours where participants can ask questions and engage in conversation with EdTechTeacher instructors in real time.
- 15 hours of individualized online/telephone consulting and coaching to help teachers find resources, develop lesson plans, and troubleshoot challenges. (We can also explore options to add additional days of on-site support.)
- 3 graduate credits can be earned through Framingham State University upon completion of the course and final project.
- An online community that allows teachers to experience firsthand the benefits of knowledge co-construction in an online space.
- Premium Content: Access to more than 90 EdTechTeacher video tutorials, as well lesson plans, and other resources from our instructors.
- The course consists of three components:
- Three face-to-face, six hour workshops
- Twelve asynchronous online modules broken into two, six module courses
- Two synchronous, one hour webinars
The twelve online modules are broken into two, six module segments. The first six modules of the program explore specific topics in which iPads can be integrated into the classroom such as:
- Audio & Video Recording and Editing
- Student Response Systems
- Digital Note Taking
- Creating Custom Reading Experiences
- Mind Mapping
- Digital Storytelling
The second half of the course, explores larger concepts and ways in which technology can be used in the classroom:
- Publishing Student Work
- Online Communication
- Collaboration and Workflow
- Assessing Student Work
- Digital Student Portfolios
- App Exploration & Research
- PLN Development
The online modules are built in a “challenge based” format and typically follow this structure:
- Video Tutorial / Overview
- Hands on Challenges
- Model Examples
- Discussion Forum
By the end of the twelve week program, participants will develop a thorough understanding of how technology can be thoughtfully integrated into the classroom to promote student learning and demonstration of understanding through varied project outcomes.
The success of our T21 Programs hinges on the fact that the our participants receive online and face-to-face support over the course of a school year. We kick off the program with a face-to-face workshop in the fall, followed by the first online course which includes a synchronous webinar. The second workshop, usually in December or January, prepares teachers for the second online course, and then we wrap up the program with the final face-to-face session in March or April.
Please know that this schedule is flexible and can shift to meet the needs of individual schools and faculties.
SAMPLE 2014-15 iPad T21 Program Schedule
August - September: Face-to-Face Session #1
- September 30 - October 14: Module #1 - App #1
- October 14 - 21: Module #2 - App #2
- October 21 - 28: Module #3 - Reading & Reflection
- October 28 - November 11: Module #4 - App #3
- November 11 - 25: Module #5 - App #4
- November 25 - December 9: Module #6 - Distributing Content & Publishing
**The first webinar will be scheduled during the October-December time frame.
December - January: Face-to-Face Session #2
- January 6-20: Module #1 - App #1
- January 20 - February 3: Module #2 - Tool #2
- February 3-10: Module #3 - Reading & Reflection
- February 10 - 24: Module #4 - App #3
- February 24 - March 10: Module #5 - App #4
- March 10 - 17: Module #6 - App Fluency Challenges
**The second webinar will be scheduled during the January-March time frame.
March - May: Face-to-Face Session #3