- 18 hours of customized workshops: the first workshop opens the door to new opportunities for teaching with iPads. The second supports teachers in integrating the device as a regular, constant element of their teaching and classroom life. The third workshop assesses progress and builds capacity for future growth. Each workshop is customized to ensure that our training supports the educational mission of the individual school or district.
- 2 online mini-courses in technology integration: cohorts will participate in two asynchronous online courses that consist of 6 modules each. The first course focuses on learning specific tools and apps that can immediately be implemented in the classroom while the second addresses broader topics such as publishing, assessment, and collaboration.
- 3 graduate credits can be earned through Framingham State University upon completion of the course and final project.
- An online community that allows teachers to experience firsthand the benefits of knowledge co-construction in an online space.
- Premium Content: Access to 100s of EdTechTeacher video tutorials, as well lesson plans, and other resources from our instructors.
The online modules are built in a “challenge based” format and typically follow this structure:
- Video Tutorial / Overview
- Hands on Challenges
- Model Examples
- Discussion Forum
By the end of the twelve week program, participants will develop a thorough understanding of how technology can be thoughtfully integrated into the classroom to promote student learning and demonstration of understanding through varied project outcomes.
The success of our T21 Programs hinges on the fact that the our participants receive online and face-to-face support over the course of a school year. We kick off the program with a face-to-face workshop in the fall, followed by the first online course which includes a synchronous webinar. The second workshop, usually in December or January, prepares teachers for the second online course, and then we wrap up the program with the final face-to-face session.
Please know that this schedule is flexible and can shift to meet the needs of individual schools and faculties.
SAMPLE T21 Program Schedule:
August - September: Face-to-Face Session #1
October-December: Online Courses and Webinar #1
December - January: Face-to-Face Session #2
January-April: Online Courses and Webinar #2
March - May: Face-to-Face Session #3