It’s been a busy week at EdTechTeacher! Greg Kulowiec, Douglas Kiang, and Beth Holland kicked off Full Year programs in Massachusetts, California, and Hawaii! We started announcing our speaker line up for the November 12-14 iPad Summit in Boston– don’t miss out on Early Bird Registration through October 11th.
This week, has also been one of change – particularly with two of our favorite tools: Google and iPads. That said, we’ve compiled some resources to help with the transition.
On Tuesday, Greg, Shawn, and Beth gave us a great tour of Google Classroom. We had a great conversation in the chat, and learned about a number of new features. The recording is available below, and you can also access the presentation slides and chat transcript.
More Google Classroom Resources
Thanks to some excellent educators, we have found fantastic resources to help get started with Google Classroom:
- Introduction to Google Classroom (Edudemic)
- How to Integrate iPads with Google Classroom (Edudemic)
- 5 Potential Mistakes in Google Classroom – Teacher Tech
- Alice Keeler
- 20 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom – Teacher Tech
- Alice Keeler
- Google Classroom Help Page (Google)
- 20 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom (Links to an external site.)
- 15 MORE Things You Can Do With Google Classroom (Links to an external site.)
- 12 great ways to start using Google Classroom now (Links to an external site.)
- 3 Different Things You Can Do With Google Classroom (Links to an external site.)
- Classroom + Doctopus + Goobric Video Tutorial
iOS8 on iPad
Apple released iOS8 last week and a number of schools have already updated their devices. Here are a few great articles to walk you through all of the new features.
Our own Lisa Johnson has compiled a fantastic list of tips, tricks, and resources to support your switch to iPad’s newest operating system. She includes everything from warnings about iCloud to step-by-step directions. This is a great starting place to learn everything there is about Apple’s newest operating system.
New in iOS 8 for Teachers & Students – from Tony Vincent
iOS 8 Accessibility Overview
Luis Perez highlights many of the new features in the Accessibility pane and includes an entire play list of video tutorials in his post. From Zoom to the improved Guided Access (shown below), he has a great write up of the new features.
What’s Coming in October
Stay tuned next month. Voting will open for the Academy of App Smash Awards – keep submitting up until the start of the iPad Summit! We will also be co-hosting a FREE webinar series with Connected Learning TV for Connected Educator Month. As mentioned, Early Bird Registration is open for iPad Summit Boston and don’t forget the Call for Proposals for iPad Summit San Diego.