Google Applied Digital Skills Workshop – Oglesby, IL
FREE to Register & Attend
12:30 – 3:30
Hosted by LaSalle, Marshall, and Putnam Regional Office of Education
Brought to you by EdTechTeacher
Join EdTechTeacher instructor and Google Certified Trainer, Avra Robinson, for an exciting, FREE half day workshop that will explore Google's Applied Digital Skills website, curriculum and digital classroom environment.
What is Google Applied Digital Skills?
This free, online curriculum teaches learners of all ages the skills they need for success in the classroom, workplace, and everyday life. Instead of teaching digital skills in a vacuum, videos guide learners through creating projects from scratch so they leave with resumes, budgets, business plans, and more. With over 200 hours of lessons that can be completed in as little as 30 minutes, there is a lesson for everyone.
College Readiness Collection
- Organize College Applications in Google Sheets
- Create a spreadsheet to track and organize college applications using Google Sheets
- Draft an Application Essay: Write a college application essay using Google Docs to jump-start the application process
- Search for Colleges Online
- Gather data about college choices by conducting an online search and recording the data in a spreadsheet in Google Sheets
- Prepare for a College Interview: Collaborate with a partner in a document to prepare for potential interviews
- Prepare for the FAFSA: Organize documents and other important information in a spreadsheet for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Ask Someone to Be a Reference
- Use Google Sheets to compile a list of potential references, then write an email to each asking for their recommendation
5th – 8th Lessons
- Write and if-then adventure story
- Organizing files in Drive
- Create and safeguard passwords
- Using Google Photos
- Researching and developing a topic
- Planning an event
- Organize Group Projects
- Annotate Text in Google Docs
- Evaluate credibility of online resources
- Ask someone to be a reference
- Brainstorm ideas in a Group
- Calculate probability in Google Sheets
- Create a quiz game
- Create a study schedule to meet your goals
- Create a scrapbook
- Design an Infographic in Google Drawings
- Sending professional emails
- Track monthly expenses
Register for FREE
Illinois Valley Community College
815 N Orlando Smith Road
Oglesby, IL 61348
Illinois Valley Community College
For more information about these workshops, please contact Gail Ross-McBride at email@example.com or call 888-377-9518 ext 1
Customized Workshops for your School
For Teachers. From Teachers.
Bring our expertise to your teachers for personalized professional development. In Person Workshops, Webinars, or Self-Paced Online Courses are all available to your teachers – or a combination of them all! We tailor to your needs and budge. Check out our examples of the hundreds of offerings. Don't see what you need? Contact us, we are always adding new workshops and customizing to the needs of our clients.
EdTechTeacher / Google / DESE – Workshop Series
EdTechTeacher and Google, in partnership with the Massachusetts DESE are providing a full program of workshops continuing this fall through the 2021-2022 school year for Massachusetts k-12 public school leaders, administrators, coaches and educators that are interested in exploring the potential and impact of the high-quality use of Google Workspace for Education in the classroom.