This post first appeared on Greg’s Blog
#ettsummit X Will Richardson’s Keynote
At the #ettsummit I decided that I would forgo using any sort of technology during the keynote talks or sessions that I attended. Instead, I would use a paper notebook to capture the process of decoding the talk and recreating text and visuals into sketchnotes that could be shared later.
My sketchnotes below are from Will Richardson’s (@willrich45) opening keynote.
A few of my critical take-aways from his talk:
- The abundance of information is impacting what it means to be a modern learner.
- What role should school play now & do we need school?
- Traditional Learning – we learn just in case
- Modern Learning – we learn just in time
- Modern learners have a “right to learn” that traditional schools are not addressing