About Google Plus
Google+, Google’s social media platform, allows you to set up groups to share documents, have online discussions, and collaborate in a social media environment.
- Teachers can share privately with groups of students or colleagues as well as join broader public communities.
- Set up a Communities to guide class discussions and create a blended learning environment.
About Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts, available within Google+, brings the power of video conferencing to students and teachers.
- Hangouts facilitate face to face conversations with screen sharing and collaboration capabilities in real time
- Use Hangouts to connect with team members across devices and geographical areas.
- With Hangouts On Air, video conversations can be recorded and saved to YouTube.
- Hangouts can be publicly broadcast or private conversations.
- Note: Students must be over 13 years of age.