It’s hard to believe that next week is our LAST week of Summer Workshops. Since mid-June, our team of instructors have run over 20 workshops in 3 cities to more than 600 participants from around the world. This week, we have articles and resources from the team as well as an exciting new learning opportunity.
We’ve partnered with Edudemic to create a FREE online course – 5 Powerful But Little-Known Ways To Use Your Apple iPad. In addition to being packed with notes and video tutorials, each lesson includes a set of challenges to test out new skills. Topics include:
- Creating ePubs From Web-Based Content
- Creating & Annotating PDFs
- How To Record Audio Using Your iPad
- Leveraging The Power Of Screencasting
- Curating Teacher & Student Content
Articles from the EdTechTeacher Team
Five Amazing Ways to Collaborate With Another Class
From Mystery Skypers to YouTube Interactions, Holly Clark provides an amazing list of ways for teachers to collaborate with other classes.
The Strategy for Digital Citizenship – Children in a Digital World
Don Orth outlines a three phased approach to addressing Digital Citizenship in this NAIS magazine article.
Five Key Considerations for Meaningful Differentiation with Technology
Tracy Sockalosky, lead instructor from our Leveraging Technology to Differentiate Instruction workshop, describes five key considerations that she finds essential for classroom teachers to create meaningful differentiation in the classroom.
Someday/Monday: Creating with iPads
Justin Reich and Beth Holland teamed up to write this post as the third installment of their series at KQED Mind/Shift. They argue that iPad should be mobile, flexible multimedia creation devices used to craft performances of understanding.
Top 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Read Top 10 Blog Post Lists
Carl Hooker offers some tongue-and-cheek advice to bloggers.
Resources from the Web
- Schoology In Plain English – Common Craft style video explaining Schoology
- We’re Going 1:1 with iPads- Here’s Our App List – Apps list for a grade 4-5 iPad pilot program
- Fluidity Software apps chart – Fluidity Software offers a host of iPad apps and math tools, this chart lists them by objective
- Brushes 3 – iPad painting app with lots of options including the ability to sync to Dropbox
- Trello – this whiteboard app seems to be a cross between Wunderlist and Padlet
- 12 Powerful PDF Tools For Teachers And Administrators – some excellent ideas for interacting with, saving, and annotating PDFs
- NSWDEC BYOD Device Neutral Activity Guide V1.0 – Google Drive – Every platforms and every possible tool / activity you may want to do in a BYOD classroom.
- Maximizing Student Potential Through BYOT – LiveBinder – Livebinder full of tools for BYOD / BYOT Classrooms
- Everything Teachers Need to Know about BYOT Policy – 10 Checklists for Making the Move to #BYOD