September 2, 2020
At EdTechTeacher, we believe in the potential for transformative learning experiences through innovative uses of technology. To help prepare for the 2020-21 school year (and beyond), we created a guidebook titled ‘From Surviving to Thriving: Reimagining Learning During the COVID-19 Crisis’. The guidebook provides educators with best practices, practical recommendations, and technology tools to reimagine learning in any classroom.
What we cover:
Building blocks of digital learning experiences
- Topics include the importance of a common vision, relationship-building, efficient use of time, and quality professional learning.
Designing meaningful digital experiences
- Topics include student-teacher roles in online learning spaces, curriculum design for hybrid and remote learning, and communicating with students online.
Creating engaging digital lessons
- Recommendations and resources for specific technology tools related to digital communication, interactive texts and lessons, audio production, screencasting tools, video creation, and subject-specific tools.
- Considerations for reimagining assessment in online learning spaces, including an emphasis on formative assessment to provide a more comprehensive picture of student learning that measures student product, process, and progress.
Designing formative assessments
- Recommendations and resources for specific technology tools related to formative assessment including polls, surveys and quizzes, and gamified assessment tools.
To download a FREE PDF version of the guidebook, visit https://edtechteacher.org/join/