November 9, 2012
… My last conversation of the day was with a former principal and current graduate student at Harvard's Ed School who said that the conference wasn't really about iPads, it was about good teaching and learning. That's my kind of iPad conference.This week, in addition to our usual list of apps, blog posts, and video links, we'd like to leave you with some fantastic thoughts, quotes, and ideas from our participants. EdTechTeacher iPad Summit Storify - Celebrate teamwork. Value collaboration. Study problems from multiple perspectives. #ettipad Tweeps from iPad Summit, Boston - Conference takeaways: create, innovate, redefine, thank you, #ettipad Best way to manage 100 iPads? Give them to 100 managers #edchat #connectedca iPad Summit Reflection from Knowledge Transfer - With all things tech, first ask “Why?”…. If we get lost in the “how” we need to stop and ask “why”
Indiana Jen - live blog of the SummitA special thank you goes to Jen Carey (@TeacherJenCarey) for her thoughtful, rapid, excellent blog posts of the sessions that she attended.
- Beyond Pockets of Excellence – Justin Reich
- Getting Your Entire School Community on Board with iPads (1:1) – Patrick Larkin
- iPads as a Catalyst for Creating a Culture of Inquiry & Collaboration – Jenni Swanson-Voorhees
- Rethinking the Writing Process with the iPad – Karen Janowski
- Preparing & Supporting the iPad Teacher – Tom Daccord
- Pens, Pencils, Papers, & iPad – Beth Holland
- Creating an iPad Classroom: iPad vs. Product – Greg Kulowiec
- iPad Tablet Technology – Student Centered iPad Projects
- iLessons (on the iPad) for Higher Order Thinking Skills
- iPad Summit – Keynote Speaker Tony Wagner
Weekly Resources & Suggestions
This discussion thread describes how you can now use Box.net as a WebDAV server for sharing and uploading files from your iPad.
Way cool video about students writing and performing on the iPad
How to share from various iPad browsers
Great blog post about using Web to PDF.
1 iPad Classroom
iTunesU as an LMS
Great blog from an instructional technology specialist who works with visually impaired students.
iPad workflow / posting solutions
This is an interesting twist on an LMS
This is like a Nearpod/Screencasting mashup!
This is a great resource for folks who use Nearpod.
Great guides for using Infuse Learning
GoClass is a cloud based system for creating blended learning. It leverages features of Nearpod, Socrative, and more.Diigo. The rest of iPad for ETT group favorite links are here.