July 19, 2013
Weekly Resources & Articles for Summer
It has been a HOT week in New England. Our final iPad Classroom workshop of the summer may have ended, but we still have room in the remainder of our sessions.
- July 22-24: Building an Interactive or BYOD Classroom with Multiple Devices with Greg Kulowiec and Carl Hooker
- July 25-26: Creating Digital Course Content for iPads with Greg Kulowiec
- July 25-26: All Things Google with Samantha Morra
- July 29-30: Teaching Elementary Grades with Technology with Suzy Brooks
- July 30 – August 1: Teaching History with Technology with Greg Kulowiec
News from the Apple Distinguished Educators Institute (#ADE2013)Two of our instructors, Carl Hooker and Don Orth, spent the week learning and collaborating with the Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE) Class of 2013. These resources, articles, and ideas came from following their experience.
- iPad Worksheets with PowerPoint - use PowerPoint to create PDF files for students to annotate
- A Lesson on Book Creator - one of many app tutorials created by students in Kristin Ziemke's 1st grade class
- Paperless Math Classroom - check out this blog from middle school math teacher, and ADE, Kyle Pearce
- ColAR Uses Augmented Reality To Bring Your Kid’s Drawing To Life - tweeted as "mind blowing". Free app converts coloring pages into 3D animated video with augmented reality.
- HideOut from Disney - second "mind blowing" resource. Mobile projector makes paper come alive.
Articles from the ETT Team
- 5 Ways To Support Teachers Skeptical Of Technology – from Shawn
- Why We Should Stop Doing THAT - from Carl
- iPads And… Combining the Physical and Digital in Elementary Classrooms - from Beth
- Rockets Ships X Challenges X iPads...(or a Socrative Space Race) - from Greg
More Resources from the Web
- ChatWing - embed a chat or backchannel directly on your blog for FREE
- 30 Ideas for Using Chromebooks in Education - Google presentation full of ideas
- Scoot & Doodle | Get Creative Together - combines with Google Hangouts to build a collaborative, creative space
- Pdf to Kindle format - eBook Converter - upload PDF file, or link from URL, and convert to Kindle .mobi format
- Two Guys and Some iPads: Aurasma Studio Tutorial Videos - list of video tutorials for getting started with Aurasma