April 18, 2014
At EdTechTeacher, we have some amazing leaders on our team and this week’s webinar really let them shine! If you missed it on Tuesday night, you can watch the recording below.
You can also access the chat transcript and additional resources on our web site.
Upcoming Leadership Events
Come join us this summer!
Leading, Implementing, & Evaluating 1:1 Classroom Learning – Cambridge, July 10-11
This workshop, led by Tom Daccord and Justin Reich, is designed for school leaders working to make a 1:1 technology environment and 21st Century Learning essential elements of school culture and intellectual life.
In this ETT Summit Pre-Conference Workshop, explore the role of technology in expanding the possibilities of learning environments with Justin Reich.
Design the School of the Future – Chicago, July 29-30
We have an incredible line up of sessions and speakers for the EdTechTeacher Summit. In particular, Tom Daccord, Justin Reich, Patrick Larkin, and Douglas Kiang will lead a two-hour Innovation Lab to design the school of the future from the perspectives of physical space, curriculum, and professional learning.
Articles from the Leading Change in 1:1 Classrooms Webinar
We had a fantastic discussion in the chat on Tuesday night. Here are some of the articles and resources discussed:
- iPad or Chromebook: 4 Questions to Ask Before Choosing
- Macbook, Chromebook, iPads: Why Schools Should Think Beyond Platforms
- 5 Critical Mistakes Schools Make with iPads and how to Correct Them
- The Beginner’s Guide to Creating Student Portfolios
- Articles Curated on Test Scores & iPads from Carl Hooker
- Articles Curated on Brain Research and Screen Time from Carl Hooker
- Students Steal Show at NE 1:1
- The Invisible iPad
- Pediatricians Release New Media Policy Statement
- Taking a Dip in the SAMR Swimming Pool
- Using the Four Step SAMR Model to Update Your Teaching Practice
- Preparing Parents for Mobile Learning
- Banning Handheld Device Use by Kids Under 12: A Response
- Curated Resources for Going 1:1
- If You Meet an iPad on the Way – Smash It