January 11, 2014
Weekly Resources to kick off 2014!
We’re back! Happy New Year! We have lots of new articles, webinars, and resources this week. Enjoy!
FREE, LIVE Winter Webinar SeriesJanuary 15th/16th: Creativity & Learning with iPads with guests Richard Wells from Auckland, New Zealand and Paul Hamilton from Sunshine Coast, Australia Too often, iPads are viewed solely as consumption devices – good for little more than checking email and online research. However, in schools around the world, teachers are proving this theory wrong. Join Richard Wells (@iPadWells) and Paul Hamilton (@PaulHamilton8), as well as EdTechTeacher’s Shawn McCusker and Beth Holland, as they explore how iPads can inspire creativity and empower students to become creators of their own learning.
- Time: 8pm EST (Boston, USA) on Jan 15th / 1pm (Queensland, Australia) on Jan 16th / 4pm (Auckland, New Zealand) on Jan 16th
- Time: 4pm EST (Boston, USA) / 9pm (Isle of Wight, UK)
- Time: 4pm EST (Boston, USA) / 9pm (Cambridge, England)
- Time: 8:30pm EST (Boston, USA) on Feb 6th / 5:30pm PST (San Diego, USA) on Feb 6th / 9:30am (Singapore) on Feb 7th
New Articles from the Team
- ‘Iron Chef’ parodies: A perfect use of ed tech? – Tom Daccord
- 5 Demands Placed on Students in a 1:1 Classroom – Shawn McCusker
- Projects to Engage Middle School Readers – Beth Holland
- Bold Predictions Sure to Go Wrong in 2014 – Carl Hooker