June 21, 2014
Weekly Resources for Summer Learning
EdTechTeacher NewsWhat do Texas, California, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Illinois, Iowa, and Ontario have in common? We had workshops or presentations in all of them this week! Shawn McCusker and Greg Kulowiec continued our Summer Workshop Series in Chicago with The iPad Classroom. Then Tom Daccord led Teaching History with Technology at the end of the week, and Samantha Morra led The Flipped Classroom & Innovative Instruction. Next week we have 4 workshops in Chicago and 4 workshops in Cambridge. Space is limited, but still available, so find the right workshop for you this summer at edtechteacher.org/summer. Aside from our Summer Workshops, EdTechTeacher instructors traveled to a number of other summer events:
- Beth Holland was in Lafourche, Louisiana to kick off a new Full Year Program.
- Lisa Johnson delivered the Keynote, "Cooking Up a New Recipe for Learning" at TIC2014 in Dubuque, Iowa followed by three hands on break out sessions.
- Carl Hooker's iPadalooza drew edtech leaders from across the country, including EdTechTeacher's Tom Daccord and Lisa Johnson, for 3 days of keynotes, hands on workshops, and even an APPmazing Race! Check out the most popular sessions.
- Holly Clark presented on Digital Portfolios at iPad Schools, a 3 day retreat for school leader teams to explore solutions for integrating technology into their schools.
- Doug Kiang was also in California at Hillview in Menlo Park and spent two days teaching iTunesU.
- Lisa Dabbs is at EdCamp OC in Santa Ana, CA raffling off a Chromebook from us today!
ETT Summit UpdatePre-Conference workshops are filling up! Tom Daccord will now join Justin Reich for Leading towards Learning Futures: School Leadership and Technology Integration. To keep up with the demand, Greg Kulowiec is now working with Samantha Morra in Google Apps Integration & Advanced Workflow Scenarios for Middle and High School. Space still available in all of these hands on workshops:
- Advanced Topics in iPad Integration with Shawn McCusker
- Google Apps Integration & Advanced Workflow Scenarios for Middle and High School with Greg Kulowiec and Samantha Morra
- Using Google Apps to Redefine the Elementary Classroom with Holly Clark
- Day of Code with Douglas Kiang
- Creativity & Curation with iPads in the Middle and High School Classroom with Patrick Larkin
- Leading towards Learning Futures: School Leadership and Technology Integration with Justin Reich and Tom Daccord
- Creating Learning Centers in the Elementary Classroom with Beth Holland
Summer Workshop AgendasWe publish all of our Summer Workshop resources under the Creative Commons license. These sites are full of great resources, and we are happy to share. All workshops agendas are linked from our Course Catalog.
- The iPad Classroom Chicago - with Shawn McCusker and Greg Kulowiec
- Teaching History with Technology Chicago - with Tom Daccord
- The Flipped Classroom & Innovative Instruction Chicago - with Samantha Morra
Articles from the EdTechTeacher Team and Guest BloggersJust in case you missed some of our more recent posts, here they are!
- A Solution To The Cross Platform Classroom Problem – Guest Post from Jennifer Carey
- The Global Search for Education: Which Digital Device Is Best? – via Carl Hooker
- A Look At Using 3D Pens In The Classroom – Guest Post from Martha Slack
- Thinking About The R In SAMR – from Patrick Larkin
- Why (& How) to Teach Coding in your Classroom? - from Kate Wilson
- iPad Hieroglyphics- from Greg Kuloweic
- Photo Mapo for Archiving Summer- from Lisa Johnson
- The Future of Learning- from Beth Holland
Other Great Resources
- History resources: We have given a facelift to our Teaching History with Technology website. Check out the Resource of the Week!
- "I want my students to...." Read? Write? Present? Find apps for any device rated by the EdTechTeacher team and organized by Learning Activities.
- Do you know what GAFE is and how to use it? Check out our Google Apps for Education section for more information.